Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Face Recognition Software

I have my photo Collection in Google's Picasa. offlate i found a tool in the Picasa. It is called Face Recognition Software. I thought I will give a try.

I uploaded my recent trip to Mahabalipuram with my in laws . After uploading all the photos to the Picasa web Album. I tried the face recognition software. It was running for 15 minutes it was just try to find the number of people in my album. once the process is done, to my surprise it showed all the photos of my younger daugther first and asked to do add her name, then it showed the rest of the photos and asked to check if it is my younger daughter.
Then I added all my family members names one after the other.

When it is almost done, the software asked me to identify few of them which the software found it difficult, I have a twin baby girl ,The beauty is that the photos showed by google where very difficult for me to find it if it is younger or elder daughter.

The software is really cool. Hats off to Google.

you can check the photos from the link.



and try it to add this feature for your Picase web album.

No comments: