Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just Dial Services – a Review

For those Just Dial Services is a new term. I will put it in simple words. If you want to know what kind of services are available near your neighbour hood you can call Just Dial Services by the following number 044-3999 9999. For example if you want to know if there is Dentist in your area. You can call up this number. This is a free service. They will be help you in this regard. Hats off to this service.

But my Blog is not about the information they provide, but about the business aspect of it. One day I called Just Dial to know if there is any one who is providing online games for real cash as we do.We are anxious to know ,if any one is providing the same service.

After few days I received a call from Just Dial asking me what am I in to , I said i am into web designing , Software development, Domain Name Registration and web space. They told me that they receive a minimum of 500 calls a month asking for the same services. They told me that if I pay Rs 50 per enquiry for 100 enquires. They will list my name to their list of service providers in the Web Development List.

The logic is very simple, it is like bidding if some one is ready to pay Rs.60 per enquiry his name will be higher in the list. So if some one calls Just Dial and ask for the above services. They send a sms to the person who called with a list of 6 to 7 people phone numbers like mine. So that he can call us for the above services. The same sms will be sent to us so that we can also follow up and convert the sale. A Email is also sent in the mean time. This service seems to be excellent in its given form.

What happened to me was quite different, in just 2 days time after I placed an ad with them I received my first sms from Just Dial. I was anxious to talk to my first customer. When I called to that number I came to know that it was a call from NET4INDIA asking me to use their domain sevices. That means I am not getting a business in turn I need to give business.

I thought it was all in the game, when I called back when I received the second sms, it was from a company who does telephone directory listing, again I need to pay them and get it listed.

Today I received one sms, when I called back it was from a Computer Institute, who were asking me if I can give placement for their students.

Adding fuel to the fire, in few days after I have received 5 to 6 SMS, people from Just Dial was asking me to pay a higher bid so that it will be placed high in the list.

So to my knowledge it is not wise to enroll in Just Dial as you do not get quality leads.

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just Dial…… Beware of it…. They call themselves

This is in the interest of all the travel business executives….. You all may be aware of just dial services and many of you may have even registered with it. I am registered with just dial since last 1 year for my business promotion, they proved really good in my first three contract with them in bangalore. Recently I got into a contract with them for my Mumbai office and their services are really bad.

I recently caught one of the executive of Justdial making dummy calls. The story went like this. From the time I came into a contract in Mumbai with just dial I was unable to understand that why after giving even the cheapest rates of the hotel (some times I had tried selling it below the net rate) also I was not getting that much bookings. Also I was not able to understand the behavior of the people calling as normally if a client does not like the quotation they use to tell me by picking up the phone. But it was not the same here they never use to pick up the phone after I have send the quotation, which was really unusual. It was like they were scared to answer my calls.

The same thing was going on with many of the leads. When I tried calling one of my leads by an another cell no (her name was Jyoti naidu) still she did not pick up the phone as she might be busy but called me from a landline no. I spoke to her and she said that her name was jyoti. I told her that I was calling from K2K Holidays and this was about the goa package I had quoted to her and she just put down the phone. I was really going mad as never something like this happened to me. So I just called her back on the land line number and guess what to my surprise it was the board line of “Justdial”

I still got connected to her and she started making stories that she was really getting married and was looking for a honeymoon package but somebody was ill in her family and so she did not want to go with the package. I asked her about the reason why she had to give a call to justdial when she has a full database in front of her eyes. To that she said that she wanted to make her work simple. I told her that I wanted to visit her and that I was really serious on this issue to which she told me that she was holding some post called “Hotel sector” and that they make dummy calls sometimes for their clients or for the quality cost. I told her why on my cost than she said that none of the calls done by the executives of justdial are deducted from my account .

I then told her that it better be and waited for the statement in which all the calls were deducted. After that I have mailed nearly 5 times to the company’s customer care to give me a clarification on the issue and till now I have not got any reply to the mails.

Still my contract is on with just dial and I am still getting suspicious calls who are clearly not genuine clients or even travel agents .

I feel either justdial is collecting a lot of information on travel industry at our cost as if they are into plans to start a travel agency or they are just making dummy calls. But end of the day they should know that we are into the business and that we can make out a difference between the genuine client and a non genuine client just by speaking to them.

There are clients using the words like “property” in the place of “Hotel”, which are the business terms of the industry….. and they would otherwise not know it.

I suggest my fellow travel trade friends not to register with it…..

Regards,
Bhadresh Shah