Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lord Shiva – Murudeshwar Beach, Karnataka

Last Week Lord Shiva at Murudeshwar Beach was on the News papers. Yes it was Kumbabishekam to the Lord Shiva.
My Memories go as back to 1993 . My few friends were studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Anjuman Engineering College ,Bhatkal , Karnataka. I went to see them in the mid April or so. It was real fun with them. It was then they took me to this Murudeshwar Beach. Murudeshwar is 16 km from Bhatkal.The beach was lovely. The glory to the Beach is the Lord Shiva Statue which is 123 feet high erected in the Beach. It is the tallest Shiva Idol in the World. I cannot forgot the moment how divine the looks of Lord Shiva were. You should visit the place to enjoy it. It is really a site seeing place as well. It attracts 1000’s of visitors every day. For those who want to go I will give the route. Murudeshwar beach is in the route Mangalore, Udupi - Kundapur - Byndoor - Bhatkal – Murudeshwar. It is approximately 165 km from Mangalore .Murudeshwar is 1 km from the National highway.

If you come by train there is a stopping called Murudeshwar , you can take Konkan Railway trains going from Mangalore to Goa. The nearest airports are Mangalore and Goa.

I had the chance to go again when one of my friend got married. The Marriage was in Bhatkal Karnataka, this time I went with my wife, there were too many developments in the Murudeshwar Beach, it was 1000 times more attractive than my first visit, Lord Shiva was sitting in the meditation pose, a treat for your eyes to watch.

The people told us that when they had Tsunami there were damages to the Hotels on the sea shore. But the Tsunami just touched the feet of the Lord and disappeared in the Arabian sea.

If any one plan’s to go to Goa, then try to visit Murudeshwar Beach, The memories will be there for your life time.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: