Thursday, March 20, 2008

Is Standard Chartered Listening ?

Well this is my experience with Standard Chartered I would like to share my views with my online friends.

I have a credit card with standard chartered and it is about 2 years old now. Almost Every month i will recieve a call from standard chartered or from their Associates stating that my relationship with the bank is excellent,my payment terms is good (yes it is) so i am eligible for a personal loan based on my credit card. They ask only for a Photo and a Identity proof, thats it.One of their person will come and pick up the document. i will get some verification calls from chennai or Bangalore.The beauty of all is that in next 2 weeks time i will recieve a letter from the bank stating that i am not eligible for the loan.

The sad story in this is that , i will recieve calls from the bank every alternate month stating that i am eligible for a loan, when ever i tell them that i have not recieved loan last time, they say that the problem has been fixed , my credit score is excellent,as usual in next 15 days i will get a letter stating that my loan is rejected.

This story has happened to me not once ,not twice ,but 5 to 6 times in a year. I think they are making fool of me.the worst thing in this is that i have never approached the bank for a loan,it is their call.if i am not eligible why should they call me . why do they waste their time and mine.
Is it done by the staff for their monthly survival ?, i know that each employee has a quota of personal loan submission, but it is really irritating at times and also the faith in the bank is slowly vanishing.

Is Standard Chartered listening .....

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they are just useless irritating junks..they also kept offering platinum cards every quarter, only to receive a letter stating that you are not eligible for that..every time...now i told them not to call for cards and they asked for explanations..painful people!